no images were found
*courtesy of wikipedia
El Segundo is a city in Los Angeles County, California on the Santa Monica Bay, incorporated on January 18, 1917. It is one of the Beach Cities of Los Angeles County and part of the South Bay Cities Council of Governments. The population was 16,033 at the 2000 census. The El Segundo and Los Angeles coastal area was first settled by the Tongva (or Gabrieleños) and Chumash Native American tribes hundreds of years ago. The area was once a part of Rancho San Pedro and later became Rancho Sausal Redondo (“Round Willow Patch Ranch”). Rancho Sausal Redondo extended from Playa Del Rey in the North to Redondo Beac h in the South. Originally a Spanish land grant, the rancho was later purchased by a Scottish baronet named Sir Robert Burnett. After his return to Scotland, the property was purchased by then current manager of the rancho, Daniel Freeman. Daniel Freeman sold portions of the rancho to multiple owners. George H. Peck (1856–1940) owned the 840 acres (3.4 km2) of land the Chevron Refinery now sits on. Peck also developed land in neighboring El Porto where a street still stands to his name. The city earned its name because it was the site of the second (“el segundo” in Spanish) Standard Oil refinery on the West Coast when Standard Oil purchased the 840 acres (3.4 km2) of farm land in 1911. This is now known as the Chevron Refinery. The city was incorporated in 1917.
Zip codes for El Segundo Locksmith: 90245